CIS 525 Week 6 Case Study 2 Success with Agile Project Management in General Dynamics
This Tutorial was purchased 4 times & rated No rating by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- CIS 525 Week 6 CS 2 Success with AP Management in General Dynamics.docx
Case Study 2: Success with Agile Project Management in General Dynamics
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
Read the case study on General Dynamics.
The Combat Identification Server (CIdS) Technology Demonstrator Project (TDP) has been delivered on time, with quality and budget parameters using the Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM). CIdS is a complex system and software project. The objective is to help clear “the fog of war” by providing a picture in the cockpit of an aircraft of the position of nearby friendly forces on the ground. The selection of DSDM for the CIdS TDP was motivated by the Tactical Datalinks Delivery Team’s (TDL DT) objective to demonstrate that complex military technologies could be delivered without delay or cost overrun. The use of DSDM was a bold move, but the CIdS project delivered successful outcomes for all involved. In the current economic environment, delivering acceptable solutions on time and at a fixed cost is surely a priority for the Ministry of Defense (MoD). The success of the CIdS project has provided a good example for the project management in the defense sector.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify and analyze the reasons why the agile framework has been selected to use in this project.
- Identify the business problems the project team tried to solve and analyze how they applied the agile project management techniques to ensure the project was delivered on time, on budget with good quality.
- Give your opinion if you agree with the approach identified in Question 2. Justify your response.
- Analyze how the project teams and coaches master the agile methodology to solve business problems. Highlight the one that you believe is the most effective and support your answer.
- Give your opinion if the agile approach produced more business benefits than a traditional project management approach.
- Give your opinion on the roles of an agile coach in this case and if the coach is critical to the success of the project. Support your answer.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and differentiate among the different agile project delivery frameworks.
- Develop agile project management solutions to solve a business problem
- Describe the role of agile coaches and required leadership attributes.
- Explain how agile teams and coaches master agile project management.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advanced agile project management topics.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced agile project management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment. Handling Conflict on Agile Teams: What to Do When a Team Member Complains (http://www.agilejournal.com/articles/columns/articles/892-handling-conflict-on-agile-teams-what-to-do-when-a-team-member-complains) Unsolvable Con..
Case Study 3: Primavera Gets Agile Due Week 8 and worth 100 points Read the case study on Primavera Gets Agile located athttp://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/Primavera.pdf. This is one of the classic case studies on how an organization adopts agil..
Assignment 2: Using SCRUM, DSDM, and Lean Software Development Due Week 4 and worth 90 points The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment. DSDM Consortium (http://www.dsdm.org/) SCRUM tutorial at http://www.agilelogic.com/sp_resources.html Agile Project M..
Assignment 1: Agile versus Waterfall Due Week 2 and worth 80 points The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment. •Agile vs. waterfall methodology (http://agileintro.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/waterfall-vs-agile-methodology/). •Understanding the pros and cons o..
erm Paper: Using Agile Project Management on Mobile Application Development Due Week 10 and worth 150 points Fictitious assumptions and details may be assumed or created for the completion of this assignment. Imagine you are the project manager for a critical project for an organizati..